Thursday, November 20, 2008

Online earning experiences

I'm always interested in deals online where you can earn cash. When I saw on discussions boards a place to earn free phone call minutes and cash just for signing up for free offers, I figured I'd try it out. Another suggested website was where you can submit tips to earn money. The first offer I signed up for was for free calls.

Phonehog.com is a website that claims you can earn free minutes by simply joining for a newsletter, giving a zip code or answering s survey. Sounds pretty easy. You simply register with your name, e-mail and password. Then you are given an e-mail by phone hog explaining your membership details. The next e-mail is a newsletter with deals to entice. For example if you only enter your zip code, they offer you 7 free minutes.

I signed up for the Coca Cola rewards deal. You sign up for their newsletter and phone hog will credit your account with 24 free minutes. With the Coke rewards program you can enter the code from the cap of special marked bottles and possible win free stuff. Phone hog says on it's website to wait one business day for your account to be credited. It's been over seven now and I still have no minutes added to my account. But I have the Coca Cola membership from the website sitting in my inbox.

I also signed up for a free couple for heartburn medication. The website claims you can get a free trial of their product if you answer a few questions regarding your heartburn needs. The website itself was easy enough to negative through. I waited and checked my phone hog account daily to see if they had credited me with 25 free phone minutes.

As each day went by I ended up getting the usually e-mail newsletter telling about offers to earn free minutes but never once an e-mail that I had minutes. But I did receive one thing from phone hog, a lot of spam! More then one time a day I would receive newsletters claiming on more minutes from partners. I decided to unsubscribe from their website. They have three options on their subscribing page. One is to stay with the newsletters, have less e-mail sent or three have all newsletters stopped. I voted for the unsubscribing completely. This is one website that I won't be continuing with.
Another website I checked out was Itpaystolearn.com. Here you sign up for offers and they pay you in cash via paypal. I signed up for two newsletters and was suppose to earn $4.00. I was excited because I had heard from another person they pay promptly the next day. I waited and checked on my account with the e-mail they send you. Every day now it always says the same thing, they need to make sure you have signed up with their advertisers. Daily I receive from the two offers I signed up for, spam. Several e-mails about signing up for more items. I'm still wondering where are my earnings.

What I've learned from both of these websites is to be more careful when signing up. It's a good idea to check reviews and hear if others have had spamming experiences. You can check out both websites for yourself and see if you have a different experience. Luckily under the newsletters is a unsubscribing link.

Daytripper was a more pleasant experience. When you register you give your name, account name, password, address and how you would prefer to be paid if your work is published. They offer payment by check, paypal or a donation to charity. After signing up you can start submitting a tip for possible publication. It can be about anything. Keep in mind that submitting a tip doesn't mean it will be published. In a few days you'll receive an e-mail regarding if your tip will be published. Publishing/payment times vary from weeks to even months so prepare to be patient.

No comments: