Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Geico Insurance

It's time for car insurance renewal for us and I heard some good things about Geico Insurance and thought I should share it with my audience here. I am sure everyone has seen the cute little gecko commercial for Geico car insurance. They have another commercial now using a cave man; advertising that it is so easy a cave man can do it. It is easy. My friend had just seen the commercial decided to go online and got a quote. The rate was fantastic, and lower than any insurance company that he had checked that day. He did the transaction online, and faxed in the information they asked for. He was then issued an insurance receipt which he printed off from the computer. It was so easy a cave man could do it!

Last winter my had a little accident. There was ice on the road that he didn't' see and went sliding off the road and down an embankment. He might have been killed, but a tree had broken his fall. The tree wasn't very big, but if it wasn't there, the car would have gone further down the embankment and he would have gone into a stream. It was a good ways down. Anyway, he was rescued by a motorist good Samaritan who saw him go off the road.

He called Geico and the operator was helpful and courteous. Within hours the car was removed from where he went off the road and loaded onto a wrecker truck. He called Geico, and the operator he talked to was very helpful. Within several hours an agent inspected the vehicle and took pictures of the damage. The frame was bent on the minivan, so the vehicle was totaled. Geico handled the claim so quickly that he had a check within a week. He was able to go out and purchase another vehicle.

So, when you see the funny little commercial about Geico. You can believe what it is saying about Geico. My friend saved $200 a year by switching. It is so simple, even I can do it and I am no Cave man!

4 comments:

wizeguyztees said...

very cool Geico post. I liked your story. I gave it a stumble review so others could see it. if u like funny t shirts check me at

http://www.wizeguyztees.com/blog

TRex said...

hope you never need Geico. I totalled a car. Their nice adjuster agreed to replace the car so we ordered new one. She then completely renigged and only agreed to pay repairs which rendered the existing wrecked car a rolling rattle-trap. Partly my fault for believing the lying xx!!xx and not getting writing up front. Geico sucks.

Thang Le said...

Geico? I have used AIG Insurance for one and half years. Last month, before renewing my policy with AIG, I tried to get a quote of Geico from internet and got the same price as AIG. If I go with Geico, I could not save hundreds like its advertising on TV. I am so disappointed with Geico!

Anonymous said...

A Geico customer hit my car, and so I called Geico to have them fix the damage that was done to my car. Guess what geico told me? They said that since their customer didn't report the accident, they cannot repair my car. How am I supposed to take responsibility for Geico's customer? I have no way of "forcing" the customer to report the accident, since I don't even know the customer. So now I am left with a damaged car...And to think that I was going to get my car insured with Geico. This just proves what type of people they are. And, I would admonish everyone who reads this blog not to take out an insurance with a company that won't pay for the damages that their own customers (customers who pay money to be insured)incur.